Trade insurance

There are many options when it comes to insurance for a tradesperson, but the most widely taken insurance covers are:

  • Public liability insurance
  • Tools of trade (general property) insurance
  • Trailer insurance
  • Commercial vehicle insurance
  • Machinery insurance.

Construction insurance and owner-builder insurance

Construction Insurance and Owner Builder Insurance provides cover for the building/contract works whilst in the construction stage. This covers for loss or damage as a result of fire or storm, accidental or malicious damage and theft. Liability Insurance can also be included as an addition to this policy, dependant on the needs of the builder or owner builder.

Builder Warranty Insurance provides cover to complete construction or fix building faults over the six-year warranty period after construction in the event of death or insolvency of the builder. It is required under state legislation that you obtain a Builders Warranty Eligibility Policy if you are a registered builder.

There are various policies, depending on your needs. These include:

  • Public liability insurance
  • Contract works – annual
  • Contract works – single
  • Builders warranty insurance
  • Tools of trade (general property) insurance
  • Commercial motor vehicle insurance
  • Trailer cover.

Whether you are an owner-builder or run your own construction business, our insurance brokers are happy to meet with you to discuss your trade insurance, builder’s warranty insurance and construction insurance requirements.

Refer to your current policy schedule for sums insured, and to the insurer’s product disclosure statement (PDS) for inclusions and exclusions to your current policy.

Leave a Reply